Sunday, August 15, 2010

School Starts Tomorrow!

I would love to say that the loft is tidy and the pencils are sharpened and everything is all set for tomorrow, but the truth is I’ve been too busy to be this organized.  Our desks are buried, there are a few random toys that need to be put away, and we are still missing some of our books.  It seems this summer has been packed with too many fun activities to be ready for the new school year, but here it comes!

It’s so hard to believe that this is my fourth year homeschooling my girls.  Julia is a 3rd grader and Karley is a 1st grader…where has the time gone?  I’m anticipating some complaining this first week or so, but one thing I have done in preparation for this year is to read a LOT of books on teaching difficult kids, motivation, gifted kids, etc.  I’m really hoping that I can use some newly-acquired skills to keep us moving along smoothly, but I guess time will tell.

I’m hoping for a good night’s sleep, a kid-free hour or so first thing in the morning so I can have my coffee and read my email in peace, and two cheery, energetic kids ready to learn.  Well, a girl can dream can’t she?  Besides, tomorrow’s also MY birthday!

No comments: